1. What is your coolest scar ad how did you get it? I have a faint blue scar in the crease between my mouth and nose from when I apparently stabbed myself with a pencil at the age of 2.
2. What do you want to do before you die? I would like to do some schooling, I have plans for next year to complete the Phlebotomy course they have at BC3, and start working for awhile, so Ethan can do some school while working parttime. I would love to go to Greece, and go skydiving.
3. What is the best book you have ever read? I don't have a favorite book, there are tons that I love, McIntyre Liar, The Face on the Milk Carton, one of the most influential ones would be, hands down, Go Ask Alice.
4. What is your all time favorite dessert? Chocolate in almost any form, preferably Dark.
5. The food you wish would be blown from the face of the Earth? Ummm...Cottage Cheese, or tapioca, lumpy foods like that disgust me.
6. Coolest person you have ever met? Honestly, my brother Alan, he in my opinion one of the most enjoyable, entertaining, caring, loving person I have every met. Not to say there aren't others out there, but off the top my head, he wins.
7. Person you miss the most? Well I miss Dad and Pap all the time, but as for living people, Sara Sherrin, my sis.-in-law, Sarah from Utah, and Alan on his mission.
8. Favorite childhood game? 4Square, there was one summer when I was like 11 or so, where we spent almost the entire summer down at the park, and that was the number one game we played there in the basketball court. It had the perfect sized squares, and we were all pretty good at it, could hold our own.
1. What is your creative outlet? I am not all that creative. I am not a crafty person, I hate knickknacks beyond all belief, don't own a sewing machine, though I have to admit that occasionally I get the urge to sew. Usually around Christmas time. I love Christmas time, that is the one time a year, I am willing to put up with knickknacks. So as for creative outlet? Christmas time.
2. What is your favorite place to be? Warm and cozy in my bed. Whether it is first thing in the morning with the kids jumping on us, to reading a good book, to cuddling with my Hubby.
3. Do you know, or have you ever had a collection of anything? Books, I like collecting books.
4. Share things or objects you love most and why? Besides the obvious, family, religion and friends. I love finished projects that turn out the way I expected them too. Christmas time, and finding the perfect present.
5. Why do you blog? It is easier for the people who actually want to know what is going on in my life to follow this, than trying to remember everything for the Christmas news letter. I like the journaling aspect of it. I don't enjoy the whole write in your journal thing, so this is easier, but still getting stuff down.
6. What is your take on pets in the home/ as family members? First off, I am allergic to all most all animals, excluding sheep and rabbits. While growing up we had one cat, one dog, and a slew of rabbits. The rabbits were kept indoor, and acted similar to cats. You can litter train them. I liked having rabbits. Since being married, we have had two cats. I don't know what happened to the first one, but the second lives outside. Ethan is rather short-tempered when it comes to animals. Very little tolerance for them. I have suggested a rabbit in the pass, his response was, "As long as it is for food storage". We have considered a dog, but that will be a while before that one happens. We want a Redbone Coonhound, their fur is short, and if we get it while it is young, my allergies have been known to adapt. I want an animal that can for the most part take care of itself, doesn't need my attention every single second, gentle with the kids, that sort of thing. You can fit those requirements, you are welcome to my family. As for people treating animals as loved ones, there is a point of obsession, but at the same time, as long as you remember who is human and who is animal, and you can afford to keep it up, go for it.
7. What are your internet guilty pleasures? FB, Hulu, and Mindjolt.
8. I hate the Dentist. Ok that's not a question, but it is open for discussion amongst yourselves.
I didn't hate the dentist until I started going while I was pregnant with Lyssa. I think it was mainly the dentist I had. He openly talked about how much he disliked his job, forgot to tell me I needed a root canal, found that out while checking out. Overall not pleasant to be around.
Corn, Chicken, and Tomato Chowder
1. What are your fav. soup and bread recipes?
1/2 lb of bacon cut into small pieces
2 medium to large onions diced
2 large cans of white chicken
2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes w/ garlic and onion
4 cans of corn niblets
2 boxes of chicken stock
1 pint of heavy cream
2 T Mrs. Dash seasoning to taste
Satue Bacon in soup pot. When almost done, add chopped onions and saute until transparent.
Add all ingredients except heavy cream. Cook on slow rolling boil about 1 hour. Then, add heavy crem, and cook 1 hour on slow simmer.
Keep warm until ready to serve.
This can be frozen.
3/4 c sugar
2 eggs beaten
2 1/2c milk
7 c. flour
1 T +1t salt
5 t yeast
Melt butter and heat milk to lukewarm-not hot. Combine sugar, salt, yeast and eggs in a large bowl. Add milk and butter, let stand until yeast begins to bubble. Add flour and knead. Wash and spray bowl- place dough in bowl and place on shelf of stove to let rise until doubled. Punch down dough and shape into bread sticks. Let rise until doubled again on pilot light. Backe at 350 for 15 minutes.
2. What are you nickenames? Maggie-do is one my mom has given me. Maggie is one that most of my Utah friends and friends from high school use.
3. Where is your favorite place you have lived? Why? I love here. I love PA. I love that there are all the season, though I am not a fan of winter. I love the trees, and the humidity, I love the greenery and hills. I have lived in Utah, and Colorado, and spend time in Ohio, none compare. Utah is a dry baren dessert. I love arguing with Utahn about their lack of greenery. I don't care about mountains, they are giant rocks in my opinions. Colorado was pretty, but still not as green. Ohio is flat.
4. What kind of Camera do you have? Do you like it, hate it? We just got a new Nikon D3100. I love it.
5. What is the worst meal you had to eat? I am pretty good at avoiding bad meals, so nothing is coming to mind.
6. What is your favorite TV show that you probably shouldn't watch? Ethan hates that I watch Law and Order SVU. I watch Desperate Housewives, and where as I don't like all the affairs and sex stuff, I do like they way the address family issues and don't glamorize what life can be like for a housewife.
7. What is something you did as a child that you couldn't tell your parents until you were an adult? Umm, I can't think of one for myself, but I know Ethan accidently set fire in their garage and put it out, ran inside and told his parents that the garage was on fire, but not to worry that he had put it out. He only confessed before we got married.
8. Why do I blog? Already answered above.