Saturday, May 23, 2009

Utah trip

I have been on vacation! My friend Kate and I went out to Utah for a week and had a blast. We visited friends and family, and did some site seeing. The pictures explain most of them. None of the pictures are in order, so enjoy the randomness.

My friend, Sarah is getting married in June, but we were out here to see her bridal shower. Here she is opening my gift, home pregnancy test in a must in my gifts.

We had a chance to catch up with an old friend who used to live in our home ward, Brittany, we had such a good time seeing her. It had been 7 years, since Kate and Brit last saw each other.

We had a small party at Em's place with some of the old Remington girls,( my last apt before getting married) and made the best dessert, Italian sodas! Kate and I ended up having them two more time this trip.

Just chilling with the girls.

Sarah and I after her bridal shower.

We went to church with Brit and her family, then went to lunch afterwards. It was a great blast from the past talking about what has happened to the ward since they moved out.

Brit and her husband Andy, with Kate and I.

We went up to BYU-I to visit Kate's sister Audrey. This was my fav. shot of these two.

Kate making fun of my belly. I am 24 weeks along!

After doing baptisms at the Salt Lake Temple, we saw the Joseph Smith movie in the J. S. Memorial building, then decided to treat ourselves to the Garden Restaurant on top of the J. S. Memorial building. It was amazing view and food.

Touring the Visitor's Center.

Having fun on Temple Grounds.

SLC temple at twilight.

My Aunt and Uncle told us about being able to see the Motab practicing in the Tabernacle on Thursday night, so we went to see them. It was weird not seeing them look alike.

Sarah had dress fitting, and since I won't be here for the wedding, I got to see what her dress is like. I thought it was beautiful.

Aunt Laura, Kate, kids, and I got to do was go shopping! I was in need of summer maternity clothes, Mark was born right before Christmas. I love having an excuse to shop.

We hit the Provo temple, Kate did baptisms and I did initatories.

Our first night there, we went to Leatherby's and had some of the best ice cream. Mine was a chocolate raspberry brownie thing.

When we made the car reservation for the trip, I signed up for an economy car. I wanted something good on gas, and something cheap. When we got there, the rental guy walked us up and seriously said " here is your economy minivan". I wasn't too please, but having worked in a car rental business before, I have had to do that to other people. I figured we could last a couple of days with the van, but we would need to switch out to a smaller car before leaving for BYU-I. Two days later we switched to a Kia Rio. Kate kept calling it our clown car because of how small it was. I think it was the right size, it fit me.

1 comment:

James said...

Mags!!! It was so great to see you while you were here! Those pics are so fun!! I especially LOVE the pic of the temple at twilight, SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!