Monday, March 7, 2011

My brother went to school for sound engineering. ( And learned some other stuff on the way.) On a whim he and his friends decided to put together some videos to put in a competition for Jones Soda's new energy drink. It would be a nice resume builder to come in 15th or so in a national competition. They put in two entries. They won 2nd and 4th. He is very excited. He also won a bonus award called the "Darth Bader Award." (Ryan Bader is a MMA fighter- mixed martial arts. Apparently he likes to just pick his favorite video and give them his own award.) Since Bader liked my brothers commercial so much, he will pay for Roger to go to Texas to attend the South by Southwest Festival. No, that doesn't mean much to me, just that my brother is awesome and won a free trip. Here is the clip that got 2nd prize.

http://zooppa.com/ads/whoopass/videos/insta-beard

He is the one that actually grows the beard.
You can go to http://zooppa.com/contests/whoopass#/awards if you want to see his 4th place one, also very entertaining, or any of the other entries. Go Roger!!!!!


On a side note, my sister actually wrote this, and I just copied it.

No comments: