Thursday, July 7, 2011

So the computer decided that it need to go kaput last month. We thought it was the processor, so Ethan finds a new one and orders it. It comes and Ethan installs it. It wouldn't go through. Then he started to think, maybe it is the mother board. The new processor was more powerful, so maybe the old mother board can't handle it. Ordered new mother board. Nope, now he is onto the power supply. After checking finances, we decided to hold off before we go blowing $150 on a new power supply. Yes, we know there are cheaper ones, but when it comes to the computer, it is Ethan's baby, so I let him choose. Plus he has been pulling 2 suicide weeks in a row. (Suicide week is when he works 8am-9pm for 5 days straight.) It kind of stinks that he is gone that much, I mean last week instead of making the hour trip to and from, he just stayed at Gma's house which is 20 minutes away. This week he is getting rides with other people so I could actually have the car.

Ever have a doctor that you really like, he is excellent at his job, and you would recommend him to anyone? Dr. Yost, an ENT in Butler is that way. The only downside to him is a lot of other people feel the same way. That means setting up appts. can mean months of waiting to get into him. Well after having a physical for the first time since high school that wasn't pregnancy related, I was "officially" referred to him. I had been asking to get tubes put in after my ear drums ruptured multiple time this last winter. Once the physical was over, I immediately called and as luck would have it, they had just had a cancellation and an opening available within the next week. YEAH! I went into see him yesterday and have it all set up. Dr. Yost also wanted to run some other test to see why I was have so many sinus issues, which were leading to the ear infections. It is nice to have a doctor who actually was trying to find out the root cause of the problem instead of just giving me something to deal with the symptoms.

We have finally finished, with the exception of baseboards, the remodel on our computer/front room, kitchen, and dining room. Blogger isn't being nice and letting me upload pictures right now, so some other day. The front room was originally, pretty much a man cave. Wood paneling, drop ceiling, awful light fixtures, and I think it was a blue and green carpet. Carpet came out, as well as the light fixtures and drop ceiling. The room had been a porch that had been enclosed so one of the walls was this decorative rock wall that was torn down. Put up drywall over all of it. Carpet was replaced with a rubberized flooring called Allure, and is a rosewood ebony color (really dark). The ceiling was drywalled too, painted white and given three different light fixtures that are adjustable for the library part of the room. We painted it sky blue and I love how it has turned out. Dining room was simply repainted. Kids had brought a permanent marker and it needed to be repainted anyways so we went with a really light pink. I am not in love with the result, but it looks better than the way it did. The kitchen also got new flooring, a white marble look and the walls painted a dark foresty/emerald green. I am not a huge fan of dark colored rooms but there are only three walls and very few spaces where there isn't a cupboard, counter, appliances, or doors.

After serious consideration, we also got another puppy. Same breed, just female this time. Named her Night Shade, I call her Shady most of the time. Her coloring is a lot darker than Titan's and she chews more than he did. The only shoes that have been safe are my sunday shoes and Ethan's canvas ones. She doesn't like the canvas and my sunday shoes are put up. Lost 4 pairs of mine, 2 of Lyssa's and 1 of Mark's. Shady is all alpha, but she loves Titan, and they get along great. The timing of her was because Ethan and I want to have another baby, and I don't want to deal with young puppy until next baby is at least a year old. So it came down to wait two years or get her now. We choose now, and I love it. Titan has a much better playmate than my lightweight children who get knocked over as easily as a blow up punching bag.

Mark and Lyssa are doing well and are learning to talk better and better everyday. Lyssa is showing a devious streak. We have been working on Mark's potty training, and as long as he is naked, he does wonderfully. I am trying something new to get him to train with his clothes on, by having him teach Lyssa how to use the potty. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: