Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts



I am Margaret Fike.


15 Facts about Me





1. I am the second oldest in 4 kids.


2. I read incredibly fast, and not only when I am interested in the book.


3. I can lip read. I am not the best, but I can hold my own for just about any situation.


4. I am a garage sale junkie. I have supplied 90% of the clothing, books, toys, and baby supplies in this house from garage sales. I will map out destinations with times to make sure I hit the best ones. I know from previous years which houses are repeaters and should be avoided at all times.


5. Ethan and I got engaged on our second date. Five months later, we were married in the Washington D.C. Temple.


6. I worked on a dude ranch in Colorado when I was 19. I know how to lasso, am quite proficient with a gun, and own and know how to use a whip.


7. I have swam in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. The Pacific was far better.


8. Will encourage any teenager out of high school to spend a summer working at any job of the Coolworks.com site. They do crusielines, camps, hotels, etc. That is how I got the job in Colorado. I also had an offer for a job in Alaska for a hotel, but chose Whistling Acres instead.


9. Loves, loves, loves amusement parks. More specifically roller coasters. There has only been one I didn't like, the Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Fav. The Millenium Force and Dragster at Cedar Point. Cedar Point is the roller coaster city of the world.


10. I don't own a hair dryer and never have.


11. I have a small time job at the cheap theater in town. It is my sanity from my kids job, and I have worked there longer than I have been married.


12. I want to become a phlebotomist. Once this baby(not yet born) is a little older, I intend on taking the class for it. I just want to be able to jump into the job immediately after I finish the class, so it probably won't happen until he is in Kindergarten.


13. I collect books. All kinds of books. Except horror, my imagination is good enough without help from them. There are 3 books shelves in the front room filled to the brim, one huge one in the dining room, one in the living room, one in my room as well as wall shelves, and one in Lyssa's room. All are full and there are still more books. I need more shelves.


14. I am extremely proud of the the work that has been done on this house. Not many people could have done what Ethan and I have done to this place. It went from having no plumbing, electrical, needing a new heating system, and massive cosmetic work to what we have now. It will be at least another 5 years before we are finished with everything we have thought out, but it will be beautiful when it is done.


15. I love Chocolate covered Strawberries like no other.

2 comments:

MaryAnne and Rusty said...

I love this idea you are doing! I'm way excited to get to know more about you throughout this month!

MaryAnne and Rusty said...

oh, and I forgot to say that your recent pic of yourself is sooooo cute!