Monday, July 27, 2009

Currently...

Things I cannot stand
1. The slightest movement when I am trying to sleep. This includes the cat and snoring (myself included) in any form. My sensitivity to vibrations is higher than most due to the hearing problem. I can deal with a fan going, or a washing machine, white noise stuff, but nothing else really. It drives my husband nuts. The cat has been kicked off the bed so many times because it won't hold still, and I don't really want him sleeping there. Scratches to the foot on Sunday have been the first time of retaliation. I don't currently have a door for my bedroom, so I have resorted to shutting Blackjack in the bathroom at night. I am having a hard enough time sleeping, being 6 weeks away from my due date, I don't need any distractions.

2. People who haven't been around kids in year, or if ever, and don't understand that kids are kids. They aren't neat, quiet, or patient, but in actuality curious and ingenious at discovering new ways to figure things out.

3. We are currently fighting with the Butler County Sewage Association (BCSA). I won't go into details yet, I am waiting to see their rebuttle for the letter we mailed out today.



Things that are making life great...

1. I am down to 6 weeks left! This baby will soon be here. Whereas I know it will be hard, it is always worth it. The pregnancy is almost over!!!!!

2. People that are more educated than Ethan and I are, are willing to help us fight The BCSA. I don't know what we would be doing right now without their support and help.

3. Self propelling lawn mowers. This gives more time to Ethan to do the heavy duty stuff, that I can't do, leaving me to simply guide the mower around the yard. Great exercise, without overdoing it.

4. Mark's smile and enthusiam. No matter how impatient or short I can be, his smile is always right there to cheer me up.

5. Ethan, my wonderful, diligent, supportive husband. I can't count how many times I have asked him to rub my hand, back, hips, whatever, and he just does it. Plus the work on the house, the way he works hard to take care of us. I love him.

6. A good book. It is amazing how time flies when there is a good book to be read. Reading the Work and the Glory series right now, I don't know how many times I have read it already.

7. A bath. I love taking bathes. I love being able to take a couple minutes to myself, usually reading.

No comments: