Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cloth Diapers

We recently decided to try out cloth diapers. I remember my mom using them on all of us kids when we were younger, and am aware of what is involved. I also know that cloth diapers have come a long ways since then. There are AIO, Pocket, liners, covers, all sorts of different kinds now. Now one of the things that was mention over and over again was that you want to use snaps for toddlers and velcro for infants. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. Last night proved me wrong. I had order a couple different kinds and was trying to see what I would like best. Last night for bed, I put Mark in a chinese fold diaper with a cover on it for the night. The cover was a velcro fastener. I went to check on him a couple hours later, only to see him completely butt naked, with the diaper outside of the crib. And yes the bedding needed to be washed. Oh well, lesson learned. I just got my other order of diapers with the snaps and already I am seeing a difference. He can't as easily pull that off. He doesn't pull of disposable diapers off, so I don't know why he felt the need to pull the cloth one off.

4 comments:

Dedra said...

He may have decided to strip off the cloth diaper because he had already peed. Cloth diapers don't protect baby's bottom like dispoable ones do.

Way to go in taking another step in the 'green' direction.

Fike's Lives said...

I could really care less about being green as it is about money.

Amanda K said...

Caleb's diapers are velcro and he never bothers with them. But they attach in the back instead of in the front and so that might be the difference.

And cloth diapers have been much nicer on Caleb's bottom than disposables ever were. He hardly ever gets diaper rash now. It's great!

Fike's Lives said...

The velcro was in the front. But he seems to be enjoying the snap ones just fine. He hasn't been streaking anymore. Ethan was wondering why I cared all that much that he was taking off his diaper. I told him, he could take care of the mess if he wanted to let Mark streak.