Sunday, September 21, 2008

My full name and how it was decided on

The name I was given was Margaret Holly Kean. My parents had decided that they didn't want to name their children after family members for various reasons. My Dad liked Margaret and my Mom liked Holly. She was pushing for Holly to be my first name, but Dad really wanted Margaret. Mom had gotten her way on Vanessa's name anyways.

After I was born, I was called Holly at first. If I talk to some of the older members of my ward they still do. Sometime after I was a toddler, I started asking to be called Margaret again, don't ask me why, who knows what a 3 or 4 yr. old thinks. At the same time, my parents were receiving two different medical bills from our insurance company, one being under Margaret, the other being Holly. They decided, since I was already asking, it would probably be easier.

I have gone by Maggie, in some classes in school, and when I was living in Utah, I was always called Maggie. But coming home, it seemed weird to be called that.

1 comment:

Nia said...

Hmmm... I'll always be calling you Maggie! SORRY! LOL! You'll just have to deal with it. LOVE YOU!