Thursday, April 23, 2009

Last night I went to the church for Activity Days, I am one of the leaders. Well, my other partners weren't able to help out, one was sick and the other had a meeting for scouts she needed to attend. There were only three girls that showed up last night, we have five regularly.

Anyways, we were doing this engineering activity involving playdoh, bendy straws, and paper cups. They are supposed to build a structure that will hold the cup above the ground, and we fill the cups up with pennies and see who's can hold the most. They weren't see each others work until everyone was done. So I had them split up around the primary room. Frieda (she cracks me up on regular basis) decides to claim the piano for her working area. I didn't think much of it, but oh well. So I give them 15 min. to work on their towers. Terry and Heather had very similar projects, but then there is Frieda. When she claimed the piano, I had no idea that she was actually going to incorporate it. She puts half of her playdoh in the cup and has the straws bent over the edge of the piano with the other half of the playdoh holding them to the piano. The straws are then shoved into what playdoh in the cup. Just looking at it you knew it wasn't going to hold anything. Honestly the cup itself kept falling off. Frieda keeps messing with it to no avail. The other two had long ago finished and we were just waiting for Frieda. I had to use the bathroom, so I tell Frieda that she has until I get back from the bathroom to finish. I get out of the stall, and there is Terry standing there. She starts, very poorly I might add, trying to keep me from going back. They conspired to keep me there for as long as possible. They are 9 years old! By the time I am "allowed" back into the room, Frieda had completely changed her tower. I couldn't believe they conspired against me. I love these girls, and they constantly amuse me.

No comments: