Thursday, April 16, 2009

Old grumpy men and their wives...

I work part-time at the cheap movie theater in town, and have on and off for about 4 years. I like anyone else who deals with the public have had some amazing customers, some fickle, rude, demanding, arrogant, happy, funny, and any other adjective you wish to inject here. Yesterday I was working my normal Wednesday afternoon shift. Wednesdays, we are open all day and it is our $2.50 bargain day. Tickets, popcorn, and drinks deals are all $2.50 each. The normal crowd usually consist of older people, especially when we have movies like "Gran Torino".

Anyways this older couple, I'd say about late 50's come in, husband goes to the bathroom and wife comes to get the tickets from me. She buys the tickets, a drink, and gets two bags of popcorn, one for each of them. Hubby comes back out and she hands him his popcorn and after she is done putting some popcorn salt on her's, she offers it to him. Our popcorn salt is orange, and many people think its cheese. Very common happening. He just stares at it, then ask her if she is sure that its is salt, and not cheese, she and I both assure him that its is just salt. I am getting a very grumpy man vibe at this time and know, that pretty much anything I do isn't going to satify the guy. He then ask why is its orange, and his wife promptly tells him " Because they are trying to poison you", then turns and walks away. I was trying hard not to laugh at him. I love that she just told him off, and made him realize he was being ridiculous. I love the wives that know exactly how to deal with grumpy husbands.

No comments: