Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yard sales

So I went Yard saling for the first time this year, this weekend. Yesterday was a total bust, but today made up for that. I am really finicky about how much I pay for something, and can't stand going to the sales that people are trying to sell 50 cent things for $5. When shopping I am mainly looking for some baby clothes, for the new babe, toys and clothes for Mark to grow into, books for any age, my children's book collection would put many to shame, and I am proud of it. I don't just do the toddler stuff either, it is anything from babies to learn to read, young adults to adults, anything. Once in a while there will be some other things I need to look for, like now I am shopping for a toddler bed, two chest of drawers, things like that to put in the kids rooms. Well today I manage to grab two bar stools for our kitchen island - $5, multiple Church clothes for Mark - $4, 6 tennis ball for my ball happy son - $2, 7 books - $4, and a new baby jumper(I have one, but I really don't like it very much) - $3, and for the grand finale............... a used piano for $20, and the best part about that, they are delivering it here for free! I have been after a piano since we got rid of the one we had, no way was it going to be okay after a couple of months of storage, so we gave it to some one else. I am estatic about this find.

1 comment:

Kate said...

that piano was a great find!! I have been looking for one for us too. we haven't been that lucky.