Friday, November 7, 2008

The best book I ever read. . .


This is my absolute favorite book. Its is not a common one, and was give to my family by a family member.
Sixteen-year-old Kevin (Muskrat) Winslow spends a summer as a farm hand on the McIntyre properties in Southern Alberta after smashing up his dad’s car. Reluctant to settle into the job, he expresses his feelings of exile in letters and light-hearted newspapers to his friend Mitch in Calgary. Slowly, the eccentric farm hands and characters from this rural community grow on him. When his satirical caricatures and hyperbolic expressions of humourous daily events leak out to the McIntyre’s employees, "The McIntyre Liar’s" expanded readership encourages him publish more issues.
I can't find a copy of this, if someone knows where I can get one, let me know. I have checked Amazon a couple of times for it, but they never seem to have it when I look.

2 comments:

Brittons of Provo said...

Hey-it was actually written by one of my dad's really good friends. I am sure that he would know where to get a copy. We have a couple different copies kicking around my dad's house I think. Anyway...I would say your best bet is asking my dad.

Fike's Lives said...

I know it was one of his friends, we got it from Shay, I need to call him and ask.