Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tag anyone who is a mom.

About your labor:
1.When was your due date?
Dec. 24th

2.What day did you go into labor?
Dec. 23th
3.What day was your baby born?
Dec. 23
4.Where were you when your water broke? In bed, I remember thinking I had finally done it, I had seriously peed my pants.

5.At what time did your water break? About 1 am

6.Did you lose your mucous plug? I assume so, I really don't remember.

7.On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most painful), how bad were your contractions?After I hit 4 cm, the contractions were flatlining the top of the screen for the whole time. I say they were very painful. Who knows, maybe I was just a wuss.

8.What did you do during early labor to take your mind off of the pain? Reading, watching T.V., the jacuzzi.

9.At what time did you go to the hospital?About 2:30 am

10.Did someone drive you, or did you take an ambulance to the hospital? Ethan drove me.

11.What was the name of your hospital?BMH

12.What were the best and worst parts about your labor? The relief that it was finally happening, and the pain of it finally happening.

About your Delivery:

1.Was your delivery room separate from your recovery room?Yes

2.Did you receive any pain medication? Yes

4.What other pain management techniques did you use?I tried the narcotics, that failed miserably, then after about 1 1/2 hours on those, I went for the epidural

5.How many nurses/ doctors were in your room?1-2 nurses, then the midwife.

6.Did you have a vaginal delivery or a C-section?Vaginal

7.If you had a vaginal delivery, after you were dilated to 10, how long were you pushing for? About 45 minutes to an hour.

8.Did your baby come out face up or face down? Face down

9.Were there any complications? At one point before the epidural, he rolled on to his umbilical cord and it stop the heartbeat, the nurses came running in and moved me all over the place, oxygen mask and all. All the while I was so out of it because of the narcotics, I didn't have a clue what was going on. It very easily could have become a c- section.

10.Who cut the umbilical cord? Ethan

11.Was your baby given to you right away or was he taken away to be cleaned?Given to me right away.

12.Did your baby come out crying? No, but he was fine.

13.Did you cry when your baby was born? I was crying beforehand, the epidural had worn off by then.

14.What were the best and worst parts about your delivery?Seeing the results, and epidural wearing off during the actually delivery.

15.Did anything surprise you about the delivery?You never really can prepare for the pain the first time.

16.How long were you in labor/delivery for? My water broke about 1 am, and he was born 3:30pm

About your Newborn:

1.Did you have a boy or a girl?Boy

2.What is your baby's name? Mark Andrew

3.How much did he/she weight? 7 lb 14 oz.

5.Do you know your baby's Apgar score? 8/9

7.Who does he/she look like? Good combination of us.

9.What is the cutest thing about your baby? His dimple when he smiles.

10.Is your baby fussy? Very rarely.

11.Do you plan to formula feed or breastfeed?I breastfed until about a month ago.

12.If breastfeeding, how long do you plan to breastfeed? He lasted until 9 months.

13.How is breastfeeding going so far? It was miserable by the end for mom. I would try to feed him, two seconds later, there is something else far more interesting for him to look at. So either he would try to take me with him, or he just left. If I tried to make him eat more, he would bite. There were 7 teeth, it was painful, so we stopped. And he didn't seem to care.

14.If using formula, what brand are you using? Parents choice Lactose-free.

15.When do you plan to introduce solid food to your baby? A couple of months ago.

16.What is the longest amount of time that your baby has slept so far? Like 13 hours?

17.How much time does your baby go between feedings?He can go 3-4 hours without a problem.

18.What was your baby's discharged weight? I think it was 7lb. 6 oz?

About your Recovery:

1.How long did you stay in the hospital? Two days

2.What pain medications are you on? I took something the first night, after that I didn't get anything else really.

3.At the hospital, did your newborn stay in your room or did she stay in the nursery? He was in my room during the day, but in the nursery at night, I wanted to get as much sleep as I could before going home.

4.How did the staff treat you? They were fine, the only thing I wished had happened, was they didn't inform me of the 5 am blood testing. Some random girl shows up by my bed and started taking my blood and I didn't have a clue as to why.

5.Best part about your recovery? No more being kicked internally.

6.Worst part about your recovery? Actually having a reason to wear those ginormous pads.

7.Who came to visit you after your delivery? Too many to list.

9.Did you get any sleep while in the hospital? During the nights, not during the day.

10.Was the hospital busy while you were there? Not especially.

11.How was the hospital food? Decent.

12.When were you discharged? Christmas Day.

13.Did you take anything from the hospital? They said I could take the diapers and stuff.

14.Are you experiencing any baby blues or postpartum depression? On and off, here and there. Nothing to worry about.

15.How is your relationship with your husband/boyfriend now that you two have a baby? Far more fulfilling.

16.Overall, was your hospital stay a pleasant one? Yeah.

17.How many days has it been since you have given birth now? A little over 10 months.

18.How is your newborn doing? He is a crawling pro, stairclimber, furniture walker and starting to walk.

19.Are you fully recovered? Yep.

21.Have you lost any more weight since?I lost about 20 lbs.

22.What was your pre-pregnancy boob size? Same as what it is now.

24.Now that you are home, how are you spending your days?Mainly being a stay at home mom, but I do work about 8 -12 hours a week at the movie theater.

25.Will you be going back to work?I quit my full-time job.

26.What is the most exciting thing to happen to you now that you have a baby at home? We just bought a house! Our first home.

1 comment:

Captured by Kate said...

oh wow! this brought back so many memories!!! :)
nice to see you on here margaret! :)