Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas letter

Dear Friends and Family, This is my unofficial Christmas letter. I am actually going to start off with Dec. 23th last year, which was the day that was our beloved little boy was born. His name is Mark Andrew Fike, 7lb 140z, and 20.5 inches long. Everything went well, and we were able to come home on Christmas Day. I was told by many, that there was no greater Christmas gift, and whereas I agree with them, it really didn't feel like Christmas that day. We have been tremendously blessed with an easy child. He will be 1 year old on Tuesday, and the time has just been flying. His current working achievement is mastering walking. He does very well as long as there is a goal in mind and he doesn't notice that he is standing. Once he notices, he remembers that crawling get him there faster. He loves bananas, grapes, and whatever someone else around him is eating. We discovered that he is allergic to peanuts and is lactose-intolerant, but he has a viviacious appetite. Ethan switched jobs in March, going from constructions to being an internet technician for Armstrong Cable. We have been grateful for the change and the consistancy of hours. His current shift is Mon.-Fri. 4pm to midnight. He loves it. I did quit my job at Thrifty before Mark was born, but kept my job at our local movie theater. It gives me the break I need during the week, plus it means free entertainment for the family. Ethan and I were able to take my brother Alan, and his sister Alycia to Cedar Point in July, allowing a small vacation. Family was nice enough to babysit Mark for us. As for the big project of the year, on Oct. 27th, we became the proud new owners of 301 Geibel road. That's right, we bought a house. Three bedrooms, one bath, plenty of room to add another, just under an acre of land. It is definitely a fixer-upper, and for anyone reading the family blog, http://wiseone411.blogspot.com/, you can see what we are currently working on. We have been staying with my mom, while fixing up the house to make it livable. A big thank you goes out to her and to his family for all the help they have given us. I want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all! Love, Ethan, Margaret, and Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.Merry Christmas to all your family Members.

Cheers!!!
Gifts to Chennai|Gifts to Bangalore|Gifts to India