Thursday, January 22, 2009

Biting

Mark is biting. Hardcore biting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He currently still uses a pacifier. I am trying to wean him off it, seeing as he doesn't use it for normal purposes, he just chews the stupid thing. No more comforting sucking or any of that. He will go to sleep just fine without it as well. He has never taken to a chew toy in his life and I am tired of my hand being the next best thing. He is getting a molar and I can feel two points of it all ready. And no I don't want to just keep giving him the pacifier until the tooth comes, because I am guessing this will happen once the other molars come in.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Josie took well to doggie chew toys. yeah, i am a great parent for that one. right? well, we don't have a dog, so they were just for her. hah hah. good luck with the teething. Josie is still working on her 2 year molars. they are BEARS!!!!!!

Dedra said...

The first time my kids bit, I popped them right on the mouth, not super hard, but enough to get their attention One of them quit after that, the other one decided to reoffend, so I bit that child back. Sounds harsh, maybe. But my kids weren't biters after that. Good luck!

Fike's Lives said...

I have considered the biting back bit. It was funny when he tried to bite Ethan for the first time. Ethan was in too much shock to register that Mark was willing to bite him, not just me. One of the many amusing justifications in the world

Amanda K said...

I saw the other day a teething pacifier. It looked like a binkie from the front part, but the back was a flat rubberish thing... I'm not doing this thing justice. If I see it again, I'll find the actual name of it. It seems like just the thing you need.