Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pregnancy

In case you haven't heard, I am pregnant again. Yes, this was planned, I want Mark and his siblings to relatively close in age, but at least a year between pregnancies. My main rule was that I needed to stop nursing for at least 3 months before becoming pregnant again. Mark weaned himself at 9 months.

I found out the same day we moved into the house, Jan. 1. What a way to start off the new year! I am about 8 weeks along and doing pretty well. Milk is absolutely forbidden, according to my stomach, but other than that, morning sickness is keeping pretty mild. Morning sickness was practically nonexistent with Mark. That has been a blessing, for I despise, hate, abhore, whatever word means the worst, throwing up. I will do anything to avoid it.

Oh well I am far more confident over this pregnancy than I was with Mark. Now I have experience, and have a far better idea of what to expect and what I want to do. Hey, this time I will actually know when I am having real contractions. Last time, I kept thinking I was getting the Bracken-Hicks, so it was quite the surprise when my water broke. Its nice knowing what I truly need to take with me to the hospital this time, and I already have all the equipment this time. I will probably stay at home longer this time before leaving to the hospital. They say to go to the hospital when the water breaks, right away. Well we did that, and when we got there, I was a whopping 1 cm. It was a slow process. I was so hoping I would be like Ness and water breaks, and there is the baby pretty much right after. Nope, no such luck. Well if anything is really different this time, it will be the sex of the baby. I just hope everything is as easy as Mark has been. Crossing fingers.

2 comments:

Kate said...

people always are asking us when we are going to have another kid. I say when I am good and ready. I am glad that you are ready and I love the baby ticker thing on your blog! I think those are so cool. Maybe i will get pregnant just to put one of those on my bog. :)

Dedra said...

I actually told me husband the same thing...let's get pregnant then we can't put a cute button on the blog. I think I'm addicted!!