Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I didn't think I was getting old quite yet...

I had a doctor's appt yesterday and all is going well. My doctor is actually a midwife and it has been very common to see someone shadowing her. Its been like that for the last 4 months. Well the guy that was with her yesterday, I recognized him. I knew I had seen him before, took me until I was setting up my next appt to realize where I recognized him from. High school, I remember him in high school, not only that, but he was a grade below me. Am I completel off base thinking that he is a little young to start internships or rotations whatever he was doing was called? Most people I know from my class have just finished their 4 year degrees as of this year. Him being a year younger, is making me think that he shouldn't be in Med school yet? He definitely wasn't training as a nurse. Oh well, maybe he was Doogie Howsering it a bit.

As for the doctor's appts, they are now being moved from once a month to every two weeks, meaning I am moving a long fine, weight gain has been okay, only 5 lbs over what my prepregancy weight was,(I dropped 10 lbs the first trimester) baby is active and kicking. I have another ultrasound set up, they had some concerns they just wanted to double check, and it is time for the rhogam shot. And last but not least, no more stupid glucose test, unless they find something later. I despise the glucose test, last pregnancy I had to do the three hour test twice, luckily this time I have only had to do the one hour twice. Babe is growing nicely, and I am finally showing enough that people aren't as embarrassed to ask me when the baby is due. I like this stage, I no longer look like I might be pregnant or just gained weight, they can't tell.

No comments: