Thursday, June 18, 2009

I love finding a good deal

I love being a garage sale junkie. The money that is saved by going to these things have more than paid for the travel. Today I knew there were two nearby that I wanted to hit on Herman road.

The first one, a first timer finally cleaning out the attic, had clothes for both boys and girl from 0-3 months to size 16 and she was only asking 10 cent an item. I went to town with that deal and ended up suppling Mark for his entire 2T wardrobe. The lady seriously had 7 storage bins of just boys 2T stuff, not to mention all the other sizes. Plus the stuff was clean and organized amazingly well. No hint of a smoker in the house or animals. They had some sets of dishes out as well, plastic and rainbow colored. After this last move and my clumsiness, I am down to only a few actual glass glasses. Plus with people staying with us for Auby's wedding, we needed more than just 8 plates to get through the week. Also got Mark a life vest for swimming, clothes and shoes for the baby, and my lucky find for the day consisted of two large containers of Linkin' Logs. All in all I walked away with 7 walmart bags full of clothes and shoes, a complete set of dishes, and the boxes of Linkin' Logs.

The second one was a flea market deal with a church. I am not particularly fond of going to these. They usually ended up being junk that old people should have thrown out 20 years ago. But I did manage to find some canning jars for $1 a box and a couple of chapter books that I enjoyed as a preteen. For an hour's worth of looking and driving, and $20, I did well.

P.S. I have this random stray cat that has been living out my living room window for the last three days, anyone want it? It is black and white, looks like it is about 6 months, very sweet, gets along with Blackjack just fine. I just don't want another cat, but this one seems prefect for a family with kids.

No comments: