Monday, June 1, 2009

We decided on Blackjack for the kitten. Why? It loves to sit on your shoulder, and I mean loves too. This reminded us of Pirate of the Carribean with the monkey, Jack, and since it is black, Blackjack. We had every intention of blocking him into the kitchen at night until he is litter box trained, but about two seconds after I turned off the light, it is back on Ethan's lap trying to get to his dinner. I put him back in the kitchen then watched as he scaled the giant baby gates I have in place. This is going to make it little more differcult. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 comments:

Dedra said...

He can climb the gate because it has places to put it's claws and make progress. You need something solid, without wholes...i think. Also, before you fix it, video it! It's sounds too cute!

Amanda K said...

Make sure you stay away from the kitty litter... its pretty dangerous for pregnant women. You can get super sick!

And I agree, you need gates that don't have wholes in them. We have a safety first gate that is solid and works really well.

Kate said...

baby gates are like jungle gyms for kittens. lol. also, with the whole pregnant/litter box thing, just use common sense (which I know you have) and wash hands. You may want to tell the dr. and he can order a toxoplasmosis test if he is concerned. but then again, you probably already know this.

Fike's Lives said...

I know about the kitty litter, I just decided that getting a cat was worth the risk, compared to the whole mice thing. Ethan gets litter box duty.

Prism said...

The easiest way to train a kitten about staying OFF is--a small spray bottle of water (or squirtgun) that he gets a small blast with every time he is on the naughty surface! Worked like a charm for me!